St Mary Magdalene, Rodborough Mothers’ Union.

The first branch of the Mothers’ Union was formed in 1876 by Mary Sumner in the Winchester District. In 1888 the Bishop of Gloucester sanctioned the MU in his Diocese and the first Gloucestershire Branch was Minchinhampton in 1889.

Rodborough MU began in 1935. There are few early records but from 1961 until the early 21st century the branch maintained around 30 members. The final get-together took place on Dec 7th 2011when 11 members met at the Clothiers Arms for a Christmas lunch.

Rodborough Mothers’ Union with visitors from St Michael’s, Highworth (probably on a visit to see the Awry window) in St Mary Magdalene Church with Rev. Sidney & Mrs Jean Riggs – undated.