Apperly, Curtis & Co., Ltd
Woollen cloth manufacturers, Dudbridge Mills. Founded in 1794 by John Apperly, succeeded in 1837 by his sons James & David Apperly and by (Sir) Alfred Apperly in 1872.
Large additions to the weaving shed were opened in 1910 by the Countess Bathurst.
A new boiler and heater was installed in 1911.
Electric power was installed in 1912 and opened by the Duchess of Beaufort.