Now known as The Old Endowed School (TOES), the building has housed many Rodborough organisations and events. One of the oldest buildings in Rodborough, TOES is grade 2 listed and is thought to date from the 14th century. Originally a Chantry House attached to the Parish of Minchinhampton, before Rodborough became a Parish own right, it may later have been used as a wool store and later as a lodging house for the poor of the parish. From 1820-1901 the building served as a school. It was extended in 1820 to house a new school room and master’s house. The Rev. Awdry, creator of Thomas the Tank Engine, was closely connected with the building from 1970 to 2000 as the chairman of the management committee.