A list of Rodborough’s licensed premises in 1908 with rateable values – Stroud Journal 1908

The Woolpack, Rodborough Lane, Butterrow

The Prince Albert & Bowling Green

The Bear and Bear Pools

The Red Lion, Swells Hill

The Kings Head, Kingscourt

The Princess Royal, Butterrow West

The Golden Cross, Dudbridge, Hill

The Clothiers Arms

This pub originated from a small beerhouse called Mowmead which was evident from at least 1861. It was extensively remodelled c 1910 to designs by Percy Morley Horder who also worked on the Prince Albert. Both were described at the time as excellent specimens of the modern country inn.

The back of the Clothiers Arms before the rebuild; early 1900s. Thanks to Howard Beard.

The Clothiers Arms 2023.